On 23rd July, 2016, a European March for Life is due to take place in Budapest, attended by representatives of countries throughout Europe.
The parade will begin with the midday Angelus bells ringing out to commemorate the victory of Christian Europe over an Islamic invasion force at Nándorfehérvár (Belgrade) in 1456. The march will start in the square named after Saint John Capistrano, a hero of the battle, and will end on Saint Margaret’s island in the River Danube in the heart of the Hungarian capital.
The march will be the main public event in a weekend-long programme of activities in defence of unborn children to protest against the immoral and anti-Christian brutality of abortion and the disastrous demographic impact of murdering literally millions of unborn Europeans.
Friday 22nd July, 2016
- 18:00 – 20:00 Welcome party for pro-life delegates representing their nations. Camping space provided or book your own hostel/hotel
Saturday 23rd July, 2016
- 9:00 – 10:45 “The War of Cradles” – “Bellum incunabulorum” conference in the Marmor Hall of the Military Museum (Kapisztrán tér)
- 11:00 – 11:45 Holy Tridentine Mass in the ruins of the church named after Mary Magdalene (Kapisztrán tér)
- 12:05 After the Angelus, participants will leave carrying crosses for the Dominican convent situated on the island named after Saint Margaret (5 kilometers 1.5 hours)
- 14:15 Activities for children and families
- 19:00 “Nations arise from wombs!” – “Nationes sunt ab uteris orientes!” – live music concert (Margit-sziget, “Zenélő kút” i.e. “Well of Music”)
- 21:00 15 hour prayer vigil culminating with Mass for an end to abortion and for the resurrection of Europe. Camping space provided or book your own hostel/hotel
Sunday 24th July, 2016
- 12:00 Thanksgiving, prayer for the resurrection of our nations