In a joint statement issued alongside the Anglican and Lutheran Bishops Emeritus of Jerusalem, Catholic Archbishop Michel Sabbah, the Latin Patriarch Emeritus of Jerusalem, has reminded Catholics that “the Israeli military occupation and colonization of Palestine is the root cause of the on-going conflict.”
The Zionist colonisation of Palestine, the murderous terrorist campaigns carried out by Jewish settlers to achieve their aims, and the military occupation of Palestine by the Zionist State has been consistently opposed and condemned by the Catholic Church for spiritual, moral, theological, and practical reasons.
In 1904 the founder of the Zionist movement, Theodor Herzl, was received in audience by Pope Saint Pius X. The holy pope told Herzl in no uncertain terms that the Christian Church could only oppose the Zionist movement and the colonisation of Palestine by European Jews.
Feast of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
The Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
(1) “I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
(2) I will establish peace in their homes.
(3) I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
(4) I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
(5) I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
(6) Sinners will find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
(7) Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
(8) Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
(9) I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honoured.
10) I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
(11) Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart.
(12) I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.”
As a prelude to illegally annexing the occupied Jordanian-Arab land of the West Bank the Israeli State has just announced it will fund an illegal settlement called “Trump Heights” for Jewish ‘settlers’ in the illegally-seized and occupied Syrian Golan.